White Mesa Mill
The White Mesa Mill is the only fully-licensed and operating conventional uranium mill in the United States.
- Licensed capacity of 8+ million pounds of uranium per year
- Central to the highest-grade uranium mines and deposits in the United States
- Extensive controls in place to ensure protection of air, water, wildlife, and the environment
- 150 people employed at full operation
- A major U.S. producer of high-purity vanadium
Ownership of Mill
White Mesa’s share of all U.S. uranium production (2012-2018)
- Separate circuit to produce high-purity vanadium from certain ores with potential to supply emerging battery technologies
- Separate alternate feed circuit to produce uranium from other uranium-bearing materials with grades as high as 75% U3O8
Recent Uranium Production
- 2018 – 0.8 million lbs.
- 2017 – 1.3 million lbs.
- 2016 – 0.7 million lbs.
- 2015 – 0.3 million lbs.
- 2014 – 0.9 million lbs.
- 2013 – 1.0 million lbs.
- 2012 – 1.3 million lbs.
The White Mesa Mill has a separate circuit for processing alternate feed materials.
- Alternate feed materials are other uranium-bearing materials, not derived from conventional ore.
- Materials often come from uranium conversion and other metals processing.
- Grades as high as 75% U3O8.